HI-USA Los Angeles Council Girl Scout Weekends
Hostelling International USA (HI-USA) has great programs for Girl Scout and Brownie Troops! Our programs encourage your girls to explore Los Angeles and the world. Girl Scout Weekends is rich in experiential education activities and offers an exciting chance to earn the "Discover The World" patch (featured to the right).
Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador Troops:
Upcoming Girl Scout Weekends for Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador Troops
- January 12 & 13, 2013: World Travel 101
- February 2 & 3, 2013: World Travel 101
- March 23 & 24, 2013: Cultural Kitchen
- April 20 & 21, 2013: World Travel 101
- Girl Scout Weekends/Cultural Kitchen is a two-day/one-night program that begins on Saturday mornings after 10 a.m. and concludes at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday. The cost is $50 per person, and is only $25 more to add additional nights. For more details about Girl Scout Weekends, check out the info flyer here and an itinerary for the weekends here.
- World Travel 101 for Girl Scout Troops: HI-USA’s newest overnight program is the World Travel 101 Girl Scout Weekend held at the HI-Los Angeles South Bay hostel located n San Pedro. This program offers girls a World Travel 101 workshop while learning how to hostel at the same time. The program cost is $50 for the weekend package and it includes the World Travel 101 workshop, the hostel overnight stay, bed linens, snacks, dinner, dessert, breakfast, the Girl Scouts Discover the World Interest Patch and a free youth membership for each girl. More info available on the info flyer.
Upcoming Discover the World Dates for Brownie Troops
- January 26 & 27, 2013
- April 6 & 7, 2013
- Brownies Discover the World: In celebration of World Thinking Day, the Los Angeles Council invites Brownie Troops to join us in their reflection of sisterhood and people around the world! At the HI-Los Angeles South Bay (in beautiful Angels Gate Park in San Pedro), the World Thinking Day program cost is $50 per person. For more information, see the Brownies flyer here.
Two night Girl Scout Weekend Packages at the HI-Santa Monica hostel start at $109 per person.
Contact Shane Cullen at the Los Angeles Council of HI-USA with any questions or to make a reservation:
Discover the World: Girl Scouts Go Hostelling Patch
Complete the Patch with the LA Council's help- It's EASY!
Here’s a patch that’s fun to earn and can start you on the path to traveling around the world! The patch can help you become a global citizen who is connected to people and places near and far. Get connected by getting your patch when you complete just one activity in each of the three areas:
- Attend a travel planning workshop
- Complete an intercultural awareness exercise.
- Create a personal understanding project
Once your troop has earned the Discover the World patch or other patches while staying at hostels please come back and click here to share your story. Give your troop extra recognition and help other troops by sharing your ideas.
Free Tours of HI-Santa Monica Hostel for Junior Troops
By advance appointment only. Contact Shane Cullen at (310) 393-6263 x28 for more information.
Passport to Adventure
Developed in partnership with GS USA, the Passport to Adventure is full of great activities and tips to help Girl Scouts interact with fellow travelers from all over the world and make the most out of their travel experiences.
Adding to Your Adventure with HI-USA
Troop leaders will find that hostel stays are easy to plan, affordable and fun. Overall, troops comment that hostels are great places to build friendships, develop a sense of community, and meet international travelers. Contact the LA Council and make plans today.
If you have any questions about our programs, contact Shane Cullen by phone at (310) 393-6263 x28 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org